Despite the fact that there are tens of millions of nontheistic Americans, we remain one of the most marginalized groups in the country. The Secular Coalition for America is working to make sure that we are heard on a federal level, yet some of the most egregious violations of separation of church and state are being promoted and passed at a state level. Our chapter brings together secular Californians to influence government officials, legislation, and regulations.
We need your help to see real change in Sacramento and across California.
There are several areas where you can help:
1) The California State Legislature's session has ended for 2015 and waiting for the Governor to take action on the four bills we support that made it through the Assembly and Senate:
- SBX2-15 - End of Life Options
- AB 329 - Pupil instruction: Sexual health education
- AB 775 - Reproductive FACT Act
- SB 792 - Vaccinations, day care workers
Please encourage Governor Brown to support these bills by sending him a message. The Governor has until October 11 to sign or veto the bills.
3) Register to attend our Secular Advocacy Day on Monday, October 12 from 9-2 at the State Capitol. It's free, and will will provide training.