The Secular Coalition for New York is a State Chapter of the Secular Coalition for America, a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization whose purpose is to amplify the diverse and growing voice of the nontheistic community in the United States. The Secular Coalition for New York work with the national staff of the Secular Coalition for America in Washington DC to lobby the U.S. Congress on key issues of special concern to our supporting organizations in New York as well as our broader constituency.
- The leadership of the Secular Coalition of New York works with supporting groups in New York and our national staff to identify and prioritize issues of concern and to plan strategy, and to lobby at the national, state, and local level.
- The Secular Coalition for New York expresses the secular viewpoint about legal issues and court cases in New York and we will file or join amicus briefs where appropriate.
The leadership of the Secular Coalition of New York includes:
- John A Wagner (Co-Chair and NYC Specialist)
- Sarah Kaiser (Communications Chair)
- Matthew Callahan (Tech Chair)
- J. Michael Malec (State Legislative Chair)
- Jessica Dapson (Executive Co-Chair)
The SCA has an e-mail Action Alert system that is open to all who visit our site. We suggest that those interested in getting involved sign up for that system!