• Become a Secular Activist! Click "Subscribe" to receive updates and alerts.
• Check out our Community page for a calendar of secular events in Oregon.
The Secular Coalition for Oregon advocates on behalf of nontheistic citizens in our state's capitol. We work to increase visbility and respect for atheists, humanists, agnostics, freethinkers and other secular Oregonians through the influencing of government officials, legislation, and regulations. The Coalition is currently comprised of 13 member organizations from across Oregon:
• Advocates for Freethought and Skepticism (Corvallis, Oregon)
• Center for Inquiry (CFI)—Portland (Portland, Oregon)
• Central Oregon Atheists (Bend, Oregon)
• CFI Salem Humanists (Salem, Oregon)
• CFI South Coast Secular Society (Coos Bay, Oregon)
• CFI Humanists & Freethinkers of Grants Pass (Grants Pass, Oregon)
• Freedom From Religion Foundation—Portland (Portland, Oregon)
• Freethinkers of Portland State University (Portland, Oregon)
• Humanists of Greater Portland (Portland, Oregon)
• Humanists of the Rogue Valley (Ashland, Oregon)
• The Jefferson Center (Ashland, Oregon)
• Lewis & Clark Law School Secular Legal Society (Portland, Oregon)
• Secular Students of Southern Oregon (Grants Pass, Oregon)
Our member organizations hold that freedom of conscience, including religious freedom, is a fundamental American value as evidenced by the fact that this is the first freedom protected in the Bill of Rights. Freedom of conscience is best guaranteed by protecting and strengthening the secular character of our government. Religious tolerance, a necessary product of this freedom, must be extended to people of all religions and to those without religious beliefs.
- To learn more about our values and mission, click here.
- To view or download our policy recommendations for government officials, click here.
- Questions, comments, and volunteer inquiries should be directed to Brian Harvey via the "Contact Us" link or by using the email address and phone number listed below.
Become a Secular Activist! Click "Subscribe" to receive updates and alerts.